The Motorola MBP36S is a great monitor that has been upgrade from its predecessor the MBP36. Keeping a close eye on your little one while trying to juggle everyday activities such as cleaning or working online can be extremely challenging. Using a vsystem such as the Motorola shown to the left can help any parent or caregiver “be in two places at once”, allowing the piece of mind that comes with being able to see and hear a child in real time- even when you are in another part of the house. Motorola has a great reputation in electronics, and this model is another example of why this company is consistently at the forefront of the market with consumers.
This particular model has a lot of impressive features that are user friendly, but its a good idea to learn ahead of time what people are saying about the Motorola’s MBP36S before you choose what best suits your needs.
What comes with it?
This page is focused on the MBP36S model and includes the following items:
- Large 3.5, or 2.8 inch LCD color display – this gives you a nice clean picture of your baby as they are sleep (or not sleeping as often happens)
- Infrared night vision – provides you with a clearer less grainy picture of your baby
- Adjustable camera zoom and audio – so you can rotate as you please
- Two-way talk capability – although this didn’t work the great for us, some parents love that they can talk or sooth their baby while being in a different room
- Lullabies – Instead of having a seperate sound machine in the baby room, you can just choose one of the five lullabies that are included with this monitor. You already need a monitor anyway, why waste your money and space by getting a sound machine as well?
- Room temperature – A great way to make sure that the babies room is never too hot or too cold. As you can imagine this isn’t easy to do especially when the door is closed and you are somewhere else in the house.
This Motorola model has well thought out features. The alarm alerts let me know when the baby is crying visually as well as with its audio feature, so if the sound is turned down, I can still see flashing lights. If I am on a business call, this comes in handy as I can have the volume turned down and still know what is going on! The talk back feature is also great, as it allows two way communication with your little one- whether just to hear your comforting voice, or, for an older child to tell them you will be right there.
Customer Ratings on Amazon
On Amazon, this system has an average rating of 3 out of 5 stars – which surprised me quite a bit as the prior version had much better reviews. There are 400 or so reviews so far, another high number in the Amazon customer rating category. Interestingly, the majority of the ratings were either 1 or 5 star…so I guess that means people either love it or absolutely hate it!
One reviewer had this to say about it:
The monitor will sometimes go out of range even though we are close enough
Another review had this to say:
I find that the audio is much better in this version than the earlier version of the MBP36. I also find the video picture to be clearer.
My opinion based on features
With so many companies making these items today, it’s good to see a company I am familiar with that I associate with quality electronics. Motorola seems to have thought of everything with this particular monitor as far as features, and, it has the ability to add cameras on as well. When purchasing electronics, one of the best things you can do for yourself is to purchase a trusted brand that has been in the business a long time. It may seem like a better idea to save a little money but in most cases, you will end up spending more on replacements and repairs. As far as video monitoring devices go, the MBP36S looks like it is packed full of all the features you could ever need which is very odd given its average rating. I hate when there is such a strong mix of 1 and 5 star ratings as it is quite hard to tell whether or not it is a good choice.